Thursday, July 30, 2015

National Parks

During #TravelMonth I managed to get in two new National Parks (Lassen Volcanic and Olympic). My son was quizzing me on which parks I have been to and I had the idea to come up with a viz about the National Park System.

The first tab is a story walking though some general info. There is also a storypoint about the units I have been to and on the next one you can see how many you have. Leave a comment below with your results. Other tabs have a explorer where you can pick from a map and details about the different locations.

I had to pull the data from all over. There are a bunch of reports from the NPS Reporting site but they are by park and I had to ETL them together. The images I pulled down from the Unit web pages with import.io.

No comments:

Post a Comment